Buying with credit is becoming an increasingly popular model in South Africa. So much so, that we’re just kicking our feet up and waiting for the recession to roll in. You can speed up that process using Pick n Pay’s newly adopted credit system dubbed ‘PayJustNow’. It’ll allow customers to purchase “high-ticket” (and non-food) items and pay them back later.
You’ll be able to purchase electronics, home appliances, mobile devices and other “high-ticket items” using the service, it said in a statement earlier today (via TechCentral). Pick n Pay also said it would be extending the new model to its clothing division, though it didn’t supply any dates (via MyBroadband) although PayJustNow’s website already marks the store’s clothing division as part of the programme.
PayJustNow is buying stuff with extra steps
Buyers using PayJustNow will have to pay Pick n Pay back through three instalments using the scheme’s “completely digital application process.” They won’t be charged any additional fees and interest won’t be levied – if the purchaser adheres to the agreed-upon repayment date, that is.
Customers are expected to pay 34% of an item’s price upfront, splitting up the remaining 66% into two 33% instalments, “aligned with their subsequent salary dates.”
Items available through PayJustNow will have the service’s logo and a QR code plastered on their face, which customers will have to scan through the PayJustNow app (Android, iOS), adding it to their in-app basket. Customers then follow the application process, which reportedly won’t take longer than ten minutes to approve. Once approved, the app will spit out a code, which can be used to purchase the item at the till.
If you’re looking for more help on how to use PayJustNow, here’s a helpful video: