The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) is the comprehensive data protection legislation that obliges organisations to deal with the processing of personal information appropriately by applying specific principles and conditions.
POPIA deals with your constitutional right to privacy and the right to access of information. POPIA was signed into law by our President on 1 July 2020 to be effective by 1 July 2021 and much work has taken place behind the scenes in preparation for this deadline.
What does the POPIA mean for you as a Stuff Client?
Stuff Group has always been committed to treating client information in an ethical manner and POPIA provides the legal framework and requirements for this treatment.
All companies, including Stuff Group, are now obliged by law to deal with client information with far more diligence than ever before. This includes how and why information is collected, how it is processed, shared, stored as well as access to this information.
Please take note of the following POPIA changes:
The privacy of your personal information
We care about the privacy, security, and online safety of your personal information and we take our responsibility to protect this information very seriously.
Below is a summary of how we deal with your personal information.
Processing your personal information: As required by tax, and other legislation, we have to collect and process some of your personal information in order to provide you with our products and services.
Sharing your personal information: In order to deliver subscriptions we have to share your personal information with other service providers. This will include your personal name or company name and delivery details and confirmation of payment. Additionally advertisers and agency details will be shared with our independent accountants.
Protecting your personal information: We take every reasonable precaution to protect your personal information from theft, unauthorised access, and disruption of services.
Receiving marketing from us: Please contact us if you want to change your marketing preferences. Remember that even if you choose not to receive marketing from us, we will still send you communications about this product.
Please contact us if you have any queries about POPIA or the treatment of your personal information.
- Don’t try to replace pets with robots — instead, design robots to be more like service animals
- The offical Windows 11 beta is out – heres how to try it
- Xiaomi is dangerously close to overtaking Samsung’s no.1 spot
- In spite of App Tracking Transparency, Facebook still had a hugely successful Q2
- Sony WF-1000XM4 review – The best there is at what they do
- AMD’s new mid-range RX 6600 XT aims to kick 1080p in the pants
- We get a better look at Stray, the adventure game where you play as a cat
- “Unplanned MLM thruster firing” briefly dislodges the International Space Station, delays Starliner launch