Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
- Epic Games teases Unreal Engine tech demo feat Keanu Reeves
- Facebook faces $150 billion class-action complaint over Myanmar Crisis
- WhatsApp updates its disappearing messages feature
- Samsung performs an internal merger, combining its mobile and consumer electronics divisions
- SA’s online driver’s licence renewal system delayed to 2022
- South Korea trials brainwave sensors for bus drivers to improve safety
- Sony suspends sales and orders for its ZV-E10 mirrorless camera, citing chip shortage
- Huawei Nova 8i Review – On the wei up
Stuff spoke to Samsung Electronics SA’s CMO about folding phones, mobile payments and teaching Bixby local languages.
Huawei showed off its forthcoming Mate X folding phone-let (or tab-phone) at a media event in Johannesburg today. While we were able to hold the device, we weren’t allowed to fold it, so we had to rope in the help of a Huawei representative for the video below. Nonetheless, we got to check out the camera setup and try various apps, and our early impressions suggest it’s going to be a highly desirable — and crazy expensive — when it arrives in June or July of this year.
Mobile operator Vodacom has launched support for eSIM devices in South Africa along with a new accompanying service, called OneNumber, that allows users to use a single mobile phone number across multiple devices. The first devices the network will launch with eSIM support out of the box are Samsung’s recent 42mm and 46mm Galaxy Watch (the LTE editions).
Stuff’s Toby Shapshak talks to Spotify’s MD for Middle East and Africa about the service’s first year in South Africa and what’s coming next.
Swedish music streaming service Spotify launched in South Africa a year ago. Today, on the anniversary of its launch, it’s dropped some data about which local artists and tracks have performed the best over the last 365 days… and there aren’t many surprises. Well, unless you’re second or third on the lists, perhaps. Awks.
Google’s streaming music service, YouTube Music, has arrived in South Africa and offers free and paid tiers.
If you think electric vehicles are necessarily boring and ugly, Jaguar’s all-electric I-Pace SUV intends to show you just how wrong you are.
Fitbit has announced four new products, including a smartwatch, two bands and a new fitness tracker for children.
Sasfin bank has partnered with fintech business Hellopaisa to launch a new, low-cost banking offering for low-income earners.