It’s not often that Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier is wrong when it comes to the inner workings of the video game industry, but we’d hoped that his claims that PlayStation would ditch PC ports was one of those rare moments. It unfortunately wasn’t, as Schreier today confirmed the story in a post on Bluesky. It’s okay to cry, PC players.
Plus, there may be an Infamous remake in the works, according to Video Game Chronicle (VGC). Fingers crossed.
Playing PlayStation games on the PlayStation 5

“PlayStation studio business CEO Hermen Hulst told staff in a town hall Monday morning that the company’s narrative single-player games will now be PlayStation exclusive, confirming Bloomberg’s reporting from earlier this year,” Schreier wrote.
That tracks with Schreier’s previous comments, though the ‘narrative single-player games’ bit is certainly interesting. When the story initially broke on the Triple Click podcast in February, Schreier hinted that PC gamers won’t be starved for PlayStation ports. Good ports, perhaps, but some other titles may survive.
Those could be Sony’s live-service multiplayer games, if single-player titles are being singled out. More ports are always a good thing, but only if Sony goes in knowing that their sales may not hit the targets the company is hoping for. The poor sales and reception to its single-player ports are why Sony has pulled back from PC, as the rumours go.
Read More: PlayStation’s Scuf Omega controller probably wasn’t built for you, and that’s okay
As for the Infamous remakes, it’s VGC’s Jordan Middler responsible for getting our hopes up for seeing Sucker Punch’s notoriously great action-adventure title. The first two games are currently trapped on the PS3, while PS4’s First Light and its DLC can still be accessed on the PS5. Now, Infamous 1 and 2 may come to the PS5.
Despite Middler’s track record, it’s worth taking the news with a grain of salt. It was only one source that told VGC that Sony is quietly working on a revival for the series, and that he hasn’t been able to corroborate the story yet. If true, it won’t be Sucker Punch handling the remake, begging the question of who will? Sony recently shuttered Bluepoint Games, which specialised in some fantastic remakes, such as Demon’s Souls on the PS5.
Whatever ends up happening, an Infamous remake would sell. Gamers have begged for a return to the shoes of Cole MacGrath for years now. Add in the graphical ability of the PS5, and you’ve got a free win. Still, we’ve been led down this path before. Best to wait for some sort of official confirmation from Sony.





3 Comments
You’re so awesome! I don’t believe I have read a single thing like that before. So great to find someone with some original thoughts on this topic. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This website is something that is needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!
Çok yararlı bi yazı olmuş hocam teşekkür ederim .Sizin yazılarınızı beğenerek okuyorum elinize sağlık.
Harika bir paylaşım, özellikle konunun önemli detayları oldukça net bir şekilde açıklanmış. İnsanları çeşitli karmaşık anahtar kelimelerle yormak yerine, okumaktan keyif alacağı içerikler her zaman daha iyidir. Kaliteli paylaşım adına teşekkür eder, paylaşımlarınızın devamını sabırsızlıkla beklerim.