“Get ya data! Step right up and get ya data… for a small price, of course,” shouts MTN from the top of the roofs. At least, that’s what they’d be doing if they they didn’t just send out press releases for folks like us to write about. While data prices might not be the most exciting reading material, it is essential to keep yourself in the loop considering how monumentally upsetting those prices can be.
However, MTN is seemingly doing its best to offer customers a data bundle that’s more accessible than most… even if it is capped. Don’t get us wrong, a capped data bundle can get the job done but we’ll always prefer the uncapped route.
“We are harnessing the best network in SA to cater for the customer looking for more affordable home connectivity by leveraging the strength, reliability and speed of our network. At the same time, we are supporting and enabling SMEs to succeed in the ‘new normal’ by providing value-added connectivity solutions,” said Mapula Bodibe, Chief Consumer Officer from MTN South Africa.
MTN’s new Fixed LTE packages includes some decent prices. The MyMTN Home deal nets you 120GB of data for R270 while there’s now an option to purchase 500GB for R700 over two years. There’s also a special deal for anyone who signs up for the MyMTN Home packages on a SIM only month-to-month payment plan: You’ll get your first month free! There is a rather steep catch, as you’ll have to purchase a fixed LTE router from MTN for a pricey R2,000. Rather cheeky if you ask us but if you want in on this deal, then you have until 30 June.
Here’s the full list of MTN Home deals:
- MyMTN Home 120GB – R270pm x 24 months (50GB anytime data, 50GB night express data, 10GB music streaming data for Apple Music and Deezer, 10GB MTN Home bundle for Zoom, Skype, Cisco Webex and Google Hangouts)
- MyMTN Home 150GB – R400pm x 24 months (75GB anytime data, 75GB night express data)
- MyMTN Home 220GB – R500 x 24 months (110GB anytime data, 110GB night express data)
- MyMTN Home 500GB – R700 x 24 months (250GB anytime data, 250GB night express data)
- MyMTN Home 1000GB – R1,060 x 24 months (1000GB anytime)
“Our commitment is to drive connectivity to support the growing work-from-home world through multiple entry points and channels. Established, young and growing businesses looking for acceleration will also benefit, as will those seeking to connect remote branches,” says Bodibe.
If you want to check out the newest MTN Home deals, head on over here for the full break down of prices and packages.