Huawei Pay is now available for download in SA on all Huawei devices! This exciting new digital payment system comes to you courtesy of Huawei and Zapper.
Huawei Pay is accepted at all merchants who offer Zapper as a payment method, including SA’s most popular stores and restaurants. You are able to use all local credit and debit cards with Huawei Pay.
Here’s all you need to know about this new digital wallet from Huawei:
What phones support Huawei Pay?
Huawei Wallet works on all Huawei phones and can be downloaded from Huawei AppGallery.
How do I use Huawei Pay?
- Download Huawei Wallet from HUAWEI AppGallery.
- Load your bank cards onto the Huawei Wallet app.
- Go to your favourite store and have your purchases rung up at the till.
- Scan the Zapper QR code that appears on the bill and pay!
- You will receive a notification from the app that your transaction has gone through.
Are my payments secure?
Absolutely! Huawei Pay receives the same fraud protection as you get on your bank cards. In addition:
- Every transaction has to be authenticated by your passcode or fingerprint.
- Huawei Pay doesn’t use your bank card numbers to handle transactions.
- Your bank card numbers are not stored on your Huawei device or on Huawei Pay servers.
- Your bank card numbers are not shared with merchants.
- Your information is kept private, as Huawei does not keep the transaction details.
Although the tap-to-pay function for Huawei Pay is not yet available in SA, it will be soon, so Huawei users should keep an eye out!
To start your Huawei Pay journey now, simply download Huawei Wallet from HUAWEI AppGallery.