Covid-19 accelerated the way people use digital platforms to do the things we used to do in real life. As people upgraded their tech skills, it was also a boon for many companies. Mutsa Chironga, Nedbank’s consumer segment managing executive who is responsible for over 7 million individual clients in South Africa, discusses the way people’s financial habits have changed. Google South Africa’s head of financial services Paul Mayanja tells Stuff Studios editor-in-chief Toby Shapshak how businesses are shifting to digital.
- Fancy a game of Doom on a lawnmower?
- What’s wrong with programmatic advertising – and why you should never trust Google or Facebook again
- Why you shouldn’t give your older tech to your old relatives
- Light Start: Barbie’s got a phone, X makes us groan, new Asus laptops shown, and Tecno needs a bone
- Experience the biggest brands in tech at The Digital Experience
- What happens when we outsource boring but important work to AI? Research shows we forget how to do it ourselves
- Cybersecurity for satellites is a growing challenge, as threats to space-based infrastructure grow
- Dating apps are accused of being ‘addictive’. What makes us keep swiping?